[Wine] Re: Steam crashes at startup (with no error message) on Ubuntu

lite1979 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 21 00:54:18 CST 2011

I seem to be having the same issue as the above poster, but on Ubuntu 10.04 with the Nvidia driver on a GeForce 9400 GT. I also have a 64-bit machine.

I've fixed it using a few different methods, including installing ie6 via winetricks and removing gecko, as well as re-installing steam altogether, but I think the rear issue involves the "news" window that pops up when you log in (the one that has buttons that say "next page" and "close." I'm stumped right now, though. This has been going on for a few weeks now.