[Wine] Re: Set riched20.dll specifically for powerpoint 2007

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 21 08:40:24 CST 2011

pouet2000 wrote:

> The obvious issue is that this method set riched20 globally, not specifically for ppt... which impairs GraphPad...
>
> Is there a way to set riched20.dll specifically as "native (windows)" for powerpoint?
> Or shall I reinstall everything and use different wine prefixes? and if so, what is the procedure to follow?

It's better to install Office to a separate wineprefix, not just because of riched20, but because native dlls used for other apps can cause problems with Office apps.

If you want to keep everything in the same wineprefix, overrides can be set individually; just add the app to the Applications tab, select it, then add the override on the Libraries tab. The problem with this is you have to do it for each app separately, and Office installs a lot of apps. Not just the main ones--things like the clip organizer are separate exes. It would probably be easier to set riched20 to native globally for Office and set it back to builtin individually for your other apps.