[Wine] Re: Is Wine64 usable yet?

sniveri wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 21 08:52:28 CST 2011

James McKenzie wrote:

> You can do this yourself by obtaining a Wiki editor account and updating
> the entries.  Remember NO WAREZ sites are permitted on the Wiki and they
> will be removed and you will be banned.  If the sites are supported by
> Ubuntu, that is best.

Thanks for the tip, James. The sites where I grabbed the debs were a bit odd so it would be best that someone who really knows this stuff gets the correct packages hosted in somewhere. Maybe I was just lucky to get something useful out of those as the build was successful. I will try to look if I found the site again so someone skilled guy could look if these debs are usable and does not contain anything unwanted.

And slight correction to my earlier post: I was not able to install any of applications I normally use with wine, but for example Firefox 64-bit works as described in Andres post earlier.