[Wine] QQ International -- Almost works, but always says I'm "Away"

HippoMan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 22 10:57:37 CST 2011

I got QQ International (version 1.0) to work via WINE under Mepis 8.5. Using winetricks, I installed all of the missing DLL's, and QQ now starts up and runs fine.

... except for the fact that it always shows me as being "Away". Even if I manually set my status to "Online", it changes me back to "Away" after a second or two.

This only happens under WINE. I log in to the same version of QQ International under the same QQ account on a WinXP box, and everything works fine, including the Away/Online status indicator.

Has anyone else seen this QQ International behavior under WINE? If so, is there a fix that you have come up with?

Thanks in advance.