[Wine] Re: Screen resolution changing not working (Debian Squeeze)

jhuizer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 22 15:51:28 CST 2011

I found the solution... apparently the problem was totally somewhere else -- in a totally unexpected direction:

I found another program was complaining about not being able to use sound (I had previously removed too many development packages so alsa support was missing).

After installing the relevant package and compiling wine, I more or less randomly tried to run this program, to my great surprise it runs now.

I'm sorry for the noise... the reason I thought it was a resolution changing problem was because of the lack of useful fixme's (and no warnings coming up as requested either)

Thanks for your input anyway!  :)