[Wine] Re: Same Error with many games

cgosgo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 24 06:00:34 CST 2011

Hi there,

Every time I run Elemental, I get an error saying "The procedure entry point RIB_unregister_interface could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll".  This error cannot be seen or heard when the game runs in fullscreen and I only found it by noticing my mouse cursor change around the "box" when I thought the game had crashed.  I was able to proceed by clicking repeatedly until I found the "Okay" button.  Once I clicked okay, the game continued as normal with no issues (as far as I can tell).  I am able to play the game and as long as I start it in windowed mode, I can see and dismiss the error and proceed to the menu screen/intro movie.  This was happening to me during the beta too.  I have an ATI Radeon HD 4850 and am running Windows XP with 2gb of RAM.  Please let me know if I can provide any more information.  I hope that it isn't stopping anything else about the game from working without me realising!

Let me know if I can help you with any screenshots or files, etc.  Have a great rest!

Looking forwards to seeing how you implement multiplayer!

 Personals matchmaking  (http://www.join-vert.com/)