[Wine] Re: Strange uninstall issue - privileges.

gmureddu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 24 10:20:33 CST 2011

James McKenzie wrote:
> On 2/23/11 10:41 AM, gmureddu wrote:
> How about some information on your system:
>
> CPU Type and 'bitness'
> Linux distribution and version
> Wine version (wine --version in terminal.)
>
> James McKenzie

Well I dug around a bit and in Bugzilla I found a reference for Gabriel Knight 3 specifically. So it happens that the issue is actually caused by the installer doing something to the exe file. Sha256sum on a Windows installed .exe Vs the one from the installer in wine is not the same, and from what I gather this has been the case for some time now.

As for my system:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 5600+
Linux: Fedora 14 x86_64
Wine version: 1.3.12

Fedora is a bit behind the upstream release of the development packages.