[Wine] xp and ubuntu

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 09:23:05 CST 2011

On 2/27/11 7:42 AM, peter4444 wrote:
> hi everybody!
>
> on my computer i have one partition with windows xp and one with ubuntu.
> on the xp partition, i have installed metastock 9, a program for technical chart analysis.
> i also want that the program runs on ubuntu on wine. so i dont have to reboot.
>
> what do i have to do this?  choosing the right dll?
Install this program in Wine.  This is the simplest and most successful
way to do this.  In the Wine version you can point the program to use
the same data directory as used in the Windows version.  However, NEVER
point your Wine C: directory to map directly to your Windows C:
directory.  Wine will cease working and you will have to do a full
re-install of Windows.

James McKenzie