[Wine] Re: No connection to mysqld

jheid wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 27 09:39:06 CST 2011

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 01:03 -0600, jheid wrote:
>
> > Martin Gregorie wrote:
> >

> > > The Mysql 5.5 manual clearly says that the Windows version uses a Unix
> > > socket file rather than a TCP/IP port if you set the host name to
> > > localhost or didn't specify one.
> > >

> > I used mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -p <port>
> >

> -p <port> is never going to work. You need -P because -p is used to
> supply a password. Try:
>
> 	mysql --host=localhost --port=<port> --protocol=tcp
>
> My native Mysql 5.5 is listening on port 9092, so this works:
>
> 	mysql --host=localhost --port=9092 --protocol=tcp
>
> All three arguments must be supplied or it complains about not being
> able to use a pipe connection. Similarly, this works:
>
> 	telnet localhost 9092
>
> and spits out gobbledegook. Ctrl-C cancels.
>

> Martin

Thanks, I meant "-P" of course.
I tried the same command but no connection can be established - mysql just "hangs". Telnet just brings

# telnet 127.0.0.1 8808
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.

No command gives any reply then.

I tested the newest mysqld but I don't even get it to work: "TCP/IP, --shared-memory, or --named-pipe should be configured on NT OS" although I set --port. Perhaps I have to set something inside Wine to make it work?