[Wine] Re: Permissions Error when Installing from Multiple CDs (CIV IV)

thethinker wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 27 10:55:08 CST 2011

Ok so thanks for your reply, but that didn't quite work. I tried your exact command and got

Code:
$ wine eject Z:\media
Usage: eject [-u] [-a] [-h] [x:]...
    -a  Eject all the CD drives we find
    -h  Display this help message
    -u  Unmount only, don't eject the CD
    x:  Eject drive x:

So then I just did
Code:
wine eject -a

 and that seemed to run ok. Then I manually ejected the disk, put the second disk in but it was not recognized in the same way.

So I found a workaround, basically copying the disks to my HD and installing from there. Things installed correctly but now when I start the game (with the CD in the drive and Ubuntu seeing it as far I can tell...) I get the famous "cannot find the CD-ROM, please make sure you have the right disk inserted". This is now AFTER the installation. Is there some global permissions problem with CD drive that I can work on?