[Wine] No connection to mysqld

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Feb 27 10:59:18 CST 2011

> I tested the newest mysqld

Is this the native Linux server?
The following assumes it is.

>  but I don't even get it to work: "TCP/IP, --shared-memory, or
> --named-pipe should be configured on NT OS" although I set --port.
> Perhaps I have to set something inside Wine to make it work?

It turns out that on my Fedora 13 system SqueezeboxServer has configured
and runs a copy of MySQL 5.1.55 for its own purposes: and that this is a
fairly nonstandard configuration. The default MySQL config for F13 is
pretty minimal and is held in /etc/my.cnf - if I read it right its
expecting to listen on a Unix socket rather than a TCP/IP port.

That message suggests that mysqld can accept connections via shared
memory, a named pipe (aka Unix socket) or a TCP/IP port and your
configuration doesn't specify any of these.

Find your MySQL configuration file and post it here so we can see how
its set up. On a F13 set-up the mysqld configuration is defined
in /etc/my.cnf and there's a note to that effect in the MySQL startup
script, /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld.

IIRC you're running Ubuntu, which is derived from Debian rather than
RedHat, so the mysqld configuration may be elsewhere. However,
"locate my.cnf" should find it.

Martin