[Wine] Wine doesn't detect my mounted iso

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 11:23:39 CST 2011

Hi,

> Trying to install Madden 08 from an dvd iso when I run the .exe installer wine says "Please insert CD/DVD 1 in drive K:". I tried to add the path on drive K: where the mounted iso is with winecfg but the message is still there. Can't make game/wine to find the mounted iso.

Myself, I almost never use any DVD/CD for installation in wine.
Instead i usually copy all of the files from the ISO, and install it
that way. ~ i find this especially useful when installing applications
that have multiple DVDs.

Just create a folder and copy everything into the folder, then install it.

I think every once and a while this method, doesn't work as intended,
but a good 95% of the time ~ it works perfectly.

jordan