[Wine] Re: No connection to mysqld

jheid wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 27 13:19:14 CST 2011

Martin Gregorie wrote:

> You'd save a lot of typing by putting most of these in a configuration
> file, my.cnf, any putting that in C:\my.cnf or in the same directory as
> mysqld.exe.

Of course. I just like a one liner for flexibility :)

> Try adding a line containing "hostname=localhost" to the configuration
> file.

No change.

[/quote]Please explain: by 'not with my Ubuntu' do you mean running mysqld.exe
under Wine or do you mean using the native Linux mysqld executable?

I thought you said you were trying the Linux version after getting no
joy with the EXE.[/quote]

No, I have tested mysqld.exe with an older and the newest mysql using Wine on Ubuntu. Running the same command line on Windows works, with Wine it does not work.