[Wine] No connection to mysqld

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 19:55:56 CST 2011

On 2/27/11 4:42 PM, jheid wrote:
> I tried to enable all debug infos but I couldn't find any clue.
>
> I'm using the Linux mysqld now and copy the data files to the Windows version. They seems to be binary compatible, but I don't think I can rely on this. Well, works for me now.
Don't do this.  If the Linux version is running 'just fine' use the
functionality of the program you are trying to connect to the database
to use TCP connections across the MySQL port.  This works real well for
me and I'm in the Oracle world running Oracle on Solaris and many
connecting programs through both the JDBC thin and OCI thick clients.
You can ask on a MySQL support forum on how to do this with localhost
(and it is very possible.)

James McKenzie