[Wine] Re: No connection to mysqld

jheid wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 28 04:08:15 CST 2011

As I said before:

I'm generating an installer for Windows on my Linux machine (in fact, every day). I'm using NSIS for this.

I bundle a database (MySQL) with the application so my target is MySQL win.

I could do something like importing a dump during installation but this will take some time depending on the machine the installer will run.

So I want to generate the whole mysql-Windows-binary-distribution on Linux.
Easiest way would be to run mysqld.exe using wine, import the data, and bundle all this into the installer.

This doesn't seem to work. So, I use the same MySQL version running on Linux and do a copy of the whole data directory to the Windows mysql path. As the files seems to be binary compatible this works right now but as soon as there are differences in the files between the different ports of MySQL this will fail.

Hope, it's understandable.