[Wine] Re: Out of (video?) memory!

Tetsuro wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 28 13:59:10 CST 2011

Jim Hall wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Tetsuro <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > I've resolved giving this command on the Terminal: winetricks
> > videomemorysize=1024 (for people with 512 MB of video RAM you could set 512
> > instead of 1024).
> >
> > Hope it will be of help for other users.
> >

> That command doesnt work for me. I receive a "command not found" from
> winetricks. Anybody have any clues?
>
> Jim
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Are you sure you have installed Winetricks?
winetricks videomemorysize=512
The above is the exact command to write in a Terminal window.

And this is the result it gives (I set 1024 instead of 512):
alessandro at alessandro-desktop:~$ winetricks videomemorysize=1024
Setting video memory size to 1024
Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\set-video.reg
Install of videomemorysize=1024 done
winetricks done.