[Wine] windows app to communicate with cocoa lib

jwong wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 28 16:05:18 CST 2011

Does anyone know of a way to get my Windows MFC app running under WINE to call a function in a native OS X lib or plugin? I would like the ability for my Windows app to call some custom functions which would pull information about the current machine, such as OS X version for example.

I dont really care as to how but I was thinking I could write  a 'generic c++ plugin'  or 'c++ dynamic library' in cocoa and then wrap that into a Windows dll. Or I could write a lib, compile it with winelib lib and call it. But is either scenario even possible? And how?

If you could point me in right direction for documentation that would be helpful too.

Thanks