[Wine] Applescript and .exe?

CaptainKarrow wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 1 06:10:47 CST 2011

Hi there!

I've used Wine a couple of years ago when I used Ubuntu as OS. Nowadays I have a Mac and recently installed Wine on it.

My question is, how do I fix so that I don't have to use the terminal to start an .exe program? Just enter a script in Applescript, save it as an application and start it through that?

I've googled and found some scripts but none of them works for me. I've tried these (with a modification to suit my .exe location and .wine location):

Code:
   --edit this to be the correct location and file to run (typically only edit after the "drive_c")
   set toRun to "~/desktop/bullion/bulliator.exe"
   --edit winePrefix if you are not using the default prefix
   set winePrefix to "~/.wine"
   --edit wineLocation if your wine install is not the default location
   set wineLocation to "/opt/local/bin"
   --edit dyldFallbackLibraryPath if your using X11.app that is not the default Apple one
   set dyldFallbackLibraryPath to "/usr/X11/lib"
   --DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE
   set toRunPath to do shell script "TEMPVAR=\"" & toRun & "\"; echo \"${TEMPVAR%/*}\""
   set toRunFile to do shell script "TEMPVAR=\"" & toRun & "\"; TEMPVAR2=\"" & toRunPath & "\"; echo \"${TEMPVAR#$TEMPVAR2/}\""
   do shell script "PATH=\"" & wineLocation & ":$PATH\";
export WINEPREFIX=\"" & winePrefix & "\";
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=\"" & dyldFallbackLibraryPath & "\";
cd \"" & toRunPath & "\";
wine \"" & toRunFile & "\" > /dev/null 2>&1 &"
end run

Clicking this "app" doesn't do anything.

Code:
do shell script "/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/MacOS/startwine /Users/myuser/Programs/ASP32/Asp32.exe"

Clicking this "app" starts X11 and then a small popup window with a yellow warning sign (with a "!") comes up. No text, just the warning sign.

Code:
tell application "Terminal"
    do script "/opt/local/bin/wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\\ Files/$PATH_TO_PROGRAM.exe"
end tell