[Wine] Re: Microsoft Office 2007 installed but won't work

Dargo101 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 1 20:47:18 CST 2011

It just dawned on me, that perhaps my dual-boot configuration is causing some problems.  I am dual-booting Windows 7 and Ubuntu.  I have installed office 2007 in Windows 7 and in Wine for Ubuntu.  I cannot tell where Wine put the office files.  Is it possible that the two installations are interfering with each other? I am dual-booting so that I can start to learn Linux, and perhaps break away from Windows.  Unfortunately, my employer uses Microsoft products, so I really need to continue running office and other Microsoft products, to share information with fellow employees.  Do I need to get another hard drive, set up Linux by itself, and switch drives to work on the different operating systems?