[Wine] How to reset the StarCraft 2 Graphics Settings

philidox wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 1 23:37:10 CST 2011

Issue: For any who installed sc2 under wine and changed the graphics settings from its default and now sc2 will not load. For me I keep getting a ErrorReporter
 message. Your essentially stuck in a catch22 situation.  Can't load sc2 until you change the graphics settings and load change the graphics settings until you can load sc2.

Resolution1:  The quickest way to get sc2 back to its default graphics settings is to delete the Variables.txt file and startup sc2 again.  Its located here /home/youraccount/StarCraft II/Variables.txt .  Again once you delete the Variable.txt file all you have to do is startup sc2 again and voila your back to normal.

Resoluation2:  Uninstall and reinstall sc2.  This works just as well but it obviously takes a lot longer.

hint: I'll be adding a youtube video to this as soon as i get my microphone working.  Til then I hope my post is good enough, enjoy! :D