[Wine] Star Wars Empire at War opens blank text box instead of game

Alarbios wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 2 01:19:46 CST 2011

After installation of Star Wars Empire at War and it's Expansion with the latest version of Wine, the game will not start up. I click on the icon and a blank text box shows up instead of the start of the game.

I have the latest versions of Wine, Ubuntu and I just got winetricks.
I have tried changing the Library with all of the items there.
I have tried adding the .exe to Applications, LaunchEAW.exe
I have tried installing d3dx9 through winetricks.

I thank you all in advance for helping me out! I am new to all of this and know almost nothing about how all of this works, and I am in awe of the people that do.