[Wine] Re: Easy question

Jabberwock wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 2 12:21:57 CST 2011

Well lemme rephrase it. I'm not knocking wine in the least. It follows linux rules of freeware its done good in the past for games and programs.

But heres my issue/issues with this right now:

1) I run about 17 winblowz games some older than dirt.
2) Wine in alot of cases requires a "regression" to run a game.
3) i have 12 different copies of wine to run these 17 games.
4) with my disabilty and issues in life i personally have issues figuring out which wine goes where and all the commands i need to remember to run a simple game.
5) Now theres winetricks install this patch open the wine source do this.

Wine needs a simplifyed program spider style with internet capability that can plug n play required files/mods instead of just tossing scripts around randomly. between regressions and all the other stuff you have to do to get wine to work period with a game it labels as "Platnium" that doesnt even run to begin with.

I don't mean to knock wine or the creators! But is there and simpler way than 12 different compiles to run the games i mean its freaking insane.