[Wine] diablo ipx lan games?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 2 13:57:03 CST 2011

On 1/2/11 12:11 PM, gufide wrote:
> Hi, I installed wine 1.1.1 because it's write that lan game work: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3498&iTestingId=28819&bShowAll=true
> I install it but, in the diablo game, it say: unable to initialize selected connection method
>
> I use ubuntu 10.10, is that the cause of this error? I follow tutorial in the appdb but it change nothing.

Multiple people are going to tell you this:  UPGRADE to the latest
release and then try again.

Report any errors received and if possible run from a terminal session:
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal
If the output is quite large, capture it to a log file and post to a
site like pastebin.com (ubuntu has its own pastebin site as well) and
post the URL (only) in this thread:  http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log
(it is the entry below the first one.)

James McKenzie