[Wine] Re: Civilization 3 1.29f on OS X crashes on launch

SiRGadaBout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 3 12:13:34 CST 2011

> Have you removed any sort of copy protection from it? It won't work on OS X.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6130&iTestingId=56103

There's no mention there of any requirement to remove copy protection.  However, seeing as you ask (presumably that's what you're asking, your brevity makes it a little ambiguous) I did try launching the game through a No-CD crack (that I know to work on Windows XP, having used it previously) also, with the same result.

For the record, I have also "make uninstall"ed WINE 1.3.10 and deleted the .wine directory, and started from scratch by compiling and "make install"ing 1.2.2 (the latest stable code) and re-installing Civ3, with the same result as in my OP.

I may have to PM the guy who claims Civ3 works on 10.6.x, and ask how he accomplished this.

SiR G.