[Wine] Microsoft Office and Wine

abestern wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 4 16:25:26 CST 2011

Hi All,

I'm considering installing MS office on my 64bit Fedora 14 laptop and I'm looking for a bit of advice.  I would like to have the best shot at a getting a stable, problem free MS office suit running.  So what I'd like to know is what version of wine should I install and what version of office should I get.

I looked through the app db and it seems like 2002xp and 2007 both run pretty well.  Looking through some of the forum posts I have seen a few problems here and there but it seems like generally office runs ok.

Any advice?  Are there issues with 64bit machines?

Thanks!