[Wine] Making wine to close after a crash/backtrace

Rodrigo Peña korrupzion at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 02:07:09 CST 2011

Hello,

I'm using wine to open a Call of duty: Modern Warfare 2 server  with
AlterIWNet. The server runs great with low latencies in-game, but it
crashes sometimes and windows error reporting windows appears,
apparently blocking the proccess from quitting, but maybe wine is
blocking the quit with the backtrace that shows in console, not sure.

I disabled error reporting using this:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/windows_xp_error_reporting.htm . I still
don't test this, but I want to know if is there any envvar or an
argument in wine to make it quit after a crash, so I can make a restart
script.

I'm using wine-1.2-rc4. This is latest version i could get to work in
Debian Lenny, the ./configure couldn't find libfreetype (although is there).
/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libfreetype.so -> libfreetype.so.6

Thanks!