[Wine] WINEPREFIX - some questions

snejjj wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 5 14:03:41 CST 2011

hi there.

I hope this is the right place for asking this.

After reading through the information about WINEPREFIX in the FAQ and the User Manual, I've still got some questions left:

I (hypotetically) want to create a new clean wine-environment, install the winetricks d3dx9 package into it, and then run three applications in it. Would the following commands be the right way to do it?

Code:

WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.new_wine
winetricks d3dx9
wine app1.exe
wine app2.exe
wine app3.exe

Or do I need to set the WINEPREFIX again for every command?
Do I need to run some special command after setting the new WINEPREFIX?

Thank your for answering my questions!