[Wine] Re: Steam crashes at startup. Doesn't even reach log in screen

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 6 15:58:07 CST 2011

vitamin wrote:

> Akaly wrote:
> > I'm running Fedora 14 x64
>
> Remove 64-bit Wine, remove prefix and install 32-bit only Wine.

I wouldn't assume that Akaly is running the 64-bit version. I read it as the 64-bit version of Fedora 14...

I certainly couldn't easily get the 64-bit version of Wine on Ubuntu (without compiling it)... Maybe from a PPA but would require jumping through hoops...

Bob

PS Agree about the Nouveau driver. It'd couldn't even stably run KVM OpenGL window effects on my rig. 3D = fail. It's way behind development of the AMD/ATI open source driver...

[/b]