[Wine] Will Wine Auto-Launch Windows Programs

fenway2k wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 11 14:42:11 CST 2011

I have a Dell Latitude and I am a die-hard Linux user, but I noticed that I also have that Computrace lojack system on my pc in the BIOS.

Computrace's program is intertwined into the PC's BIOS and the theory is that even if a thief wipes the PC and do a clean install, Computrace will rebuild itself and continue to 'call home' until it's found.

As of this date, Computrace considers the linux marketshare too small to consider making their program work for linux PC's (BOOO) which sucks because I wouldn't mind the extra security.

I said all that to ask this: I wondered since Wine is a Windows emulator if computrace could find a way to activate while wine was running?