[Wine] SoF3 nealry completly white with latest GIT

Quix0r wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 11 18:29:11 CST 2011

Hello all,

I'm running latest GIT here and I tried to play SoF3 (Soldier Of Fortune 3: Payback)  but the main menu, some intro video (not the company logos) and weapon selection are all white. Additionally wine is putting out a lot of these messages:

fixme:d3dx:D3DXGetImageInfoFromFileInMemory Invalid or unsupported image file

I'm also getting lines like this:
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 0x34324644 (as fourcc: DF24) WINED3DFORMAT!
fixme:d3d:wined3d_get_format Can't find format unrecognized (0x34324644) in the format lookup table

The game worked with a (really) older version, between and including 1.0-rc1 / 1.1.23. But at that time I had a 32-bit system, now I have a 64-bit version. I know not all 64-bit Linux libs are available as ia32 versions.

So can someone give me hint where to go before I start a regression test against 1.1.23? Or is just a pixel format responsible for this? What WINEDEBUG parameters could be helpful for you, some kind of +d3d?)