[Wine] Problems with DC Universe Online

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Wed Jan 12 08:14:25 CST 2011

On 01/12/2011 06:14 AM, x20mar wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck running DC Universe Online on wine? I'm having problems booting the station launcher:
>
> Distro: Ubuntu 10.04
> Wine: Latest Stable from repo

If you can give the actual version number of the Wine you are using it
sometimes helps, many people won't know what is in the Ubuntu repos and
the version number might tell someone right away that a new version
fixes your problem. Not always, but it has happened. :)

That said, which version of windows do you have wine pretending to be? I
have read posts on other forums where people fix wine/steam issues on
newer games by wine changing wine from WinXP to either Vista or 7, might
be worth a try.

(If you need it: To check the version on Wine you have installed open a
command line window and type winecfg then hit enter. When the wine
configuration window opens, click the 'about' tab and the numbers after
the big red word Wine are your version (mine is currently 1.3.8). If you
click the Applications tab and look at the bottom area of the window
there will be a line that says Windows Version with a drop down box
after it. That is were you would change the version to see if a newer
one helps.)