[Wine] Re: SoF3 nealry completly white with latest GIT

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 13 08:27:43 CST 2011

Quix0r wrote:
> I have some Platinum level here [1] (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=16779) from other users where I have now doubts that it is really platinum (they may have used native DLLs or winetricks without noticing it). I have already mailed them and asked them both, if they really have used built-in Wine DLLs or maybe some DLL overrides. I hope they reply back soon, so appdb reflects better and correcter the state of Wine.
>
> If they don't reply back, what should I do? Changing test data is not such a good idea, or just the level? Alternatively I can delete their test data and next time watch out more (lesser trusting them, but asking them having used any native Windows DLLs).

In your initial post you said yourself that the game worked fine for you in older versions of Wine, so what makes you think those old test reports are now incorrect? Regressions happen.

If the users reply back that they did use native dlls then you should change their ratings to gold. But if they don't respond, you should leave them alone; those test reports are very outdated anyway. What you should do in either case is submit your own test report for current Wine.