[Wine] Re: Secret of Monkey Island SE, steam on wine, crashes on start

cyclingrelf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 13 12:27:08 CST 2011

Thanks for the advice. I've disabled the Steam community bit, but now the program window doesn't open at all.

I now get the window saying preparing to load The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition, then it closes and I get the error message saying "The program MISE.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." In the error description box underneath, it says this could be a problem in the program or a deficiency in wine.

I've tried uninstalling the game from Steam and re-downloading it, but I still get the same error. Should I re-install the whole lot (wine, Steam and game), or is there anything else I can try?

Thanks