[Wine] app troubleshooting

leopardlady wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 14 14:33:09 CST 2011

After reading up on winebottler it seems like a good alternative to virtualbox as I only need the odd windows program so far. Not being an IT tech or geek but not stupid either I thought I would give it a go.  Also new to mac, the first think lacking in the mac version was quicken 2009 rental manager. I followed the instructions, put the app in applications and voila it works!!! (well, opens up ok anyway,will test run later).

I then went onto my 2nd project, autoroute 2010. Followed the same instructions and everything went fine. Double clicked to start it and get the icon and progress bar but after getting about halfway it closes. Double click again and its still on half and flashes on and off.

Was hoping someone more experienced may spot something I've done wrong or give me some troubleshooting idea to help me find out whats gone wrong. Thank you.