[Wine] Wave audio problem

milasudril wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 15 07:01:42 CST 2011

I have some problems with wave audio in Wine. It sais that my device does not support any format at all. I run the following

Code:

#include <windows.h>
#include <cstdio>

typedef int (*EnumDevicesCallback)(const WAVEOUTCAPS* caps,void* param_through);

int enumDevices(EnumDevicesCallback onDevice,void* param_through)
	{
	unsigned int n_devs=waveOutGetNumDevs();
	unsigned int i=0;

	WAVEOUTCAPS caps;
	do
		{
		waveOutGetDevCaps(i,&caps,sizeof(caps));
		if(!onDevice(&caps,param_through))
			{return i;}
		i++;
		}
	while(i!=n_devs);

	return -1;
	}

void printMMVersion(MMVERSION ver,FILE* file)
	{
	fprintf(file,"%u.%u",ver>>8,ver&0xff);
	}

void printDevCaps(const WAVEOUTCAPS* caps,FILE* file)
	{
	fprintf(file,"Device %x:%x driver version ",caps->wMid,caps->wPid);
	printMMVersion(caps->vDriverVersion,file);
	fprintf(file," (%s)\n",caps->szPname);
	fprintf(file,"dwFormats=%x\n",caps->dwFormats);
	fprintf(file,"wChannels=%u\n",caps->wChannels);
	fprintf(file,"dwSupport=%u\n",caps->dwSupport);
	putc('\n',file);
	}

int checkDevice(const WAVEOUTCAPS* caps,void* param_through)
	{
	printDevCaps(caps,(FILE*)param_through);
	return 1;
	}

int main()
	{
	enumDevices(checkDevice,stdout);

	return 0;
	}

And get this output:

fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on UA-25, disabling mixer
fixme:wave:ALSA_ComputeCaps Device has a minimum of 2 channels
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
fixme:wave:ALSA_ComputeCaps Device has a minimum of 2 channels
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
fixme:wave:ALSA_ComputeCaps Device has a minimum of 2 channels
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
fixme:wave:ALSA_ComputeCaps Device has a minimum of 2 channels
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
Device 2:68 driver version 1.0 (USB Audio)
dwFormats=0
wChannels=2
dwSupport=96

Device 2:68 driver version 1.0 (USB Audio)
dwFormats=0
wChannels=2
dwSupport=96

In Windows (on the same computer) i get

Device 1:64 driver version 5.10 (EDIROL UA-25)
dwFormats=bffff
wChannels=65535
dwSupport=44

Device 18:149 driver version 5.3 (MME EDIROL UA-25 Out)
dwFormats=f00
wChannels=2
dwSupport=32

Device 1:64 driver version 5.10 (Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit)
dwFormats=bffff
wChannels=65535
dwSupport=44

It looks like it finds the UA-25, which is the one that has speakers, but nothing more. Is it a but or is it something in my configuration of ALSA?