[Wine] Re: Since update of January 15th Left 4 Dead 2 (steam) crashes

drbergie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 16 12:57:10 CST 2011

Rinstalled nvidia drivers I am now on version 260.19.29.
In game community is disabled for Left 4 Dead 2 (and all my other Steam games)

Added disable Library override for that DLL, and that seemed to solved the startup problem.  :D

(For someone that doesn't know how to do that: run winecfg. Goto Libraries tab, paste "GameOverlayRenderer.dll" into the New override for Library combobox, and click add.  Then select the newly created override item, click edit, and set the "Disable" checkbox")

Does Steam ignore the "disable in game community" check box these days?

Thanks for the help vitamin, now I can return to killing zombies!