[Wine] Running program in Wine disables audio for everything else

DrProsec wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 17 11:56:49 CST 2011

Whenever I run a program using wine, all programs not running in wine (basically, every linux program) lose sound. I can fix this by switching the audio output from my speakers to the speaker built into my monitor (it is connected via HDMI), and which point the sound returns, and then I can switch back to my speakers and still have sound. Though this method works fine, I'd prefer to not have to do this every time I run a program via wine.

Thanks in advance.