[Wine] League of Legends Help

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 17 20:42:42 CST 2011

On 1/17/11 12:54 PM, iggi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an odd problem with the game League of Legends. Let me Start with my setup:
>
> Ubuntu 10.10 x64
> Wine 1.3.11
> Everything is setup following this guide: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=4224812#post4224812
>
> The only other additions is I did use winetricks to add d3dx10 and ie8.
One item, did you read the warning message when you installed IE8.  You
might be better off using IE7, if it will work with your game.

> When I play the game with an emulated desktop, the launcher (Adobe AIR) runs fine (except built in IE frames). All of this is expected, but when I run the game without an emulated desktop I loose all chat options and anything relating to chat refuses to connect.
Why do you want to run without the emulated desktop?  It may be
necessary to do so.

Removing the emulated desktop may cause your program to be unable to
find where the chat bar is located.  Just a guess, but Windows
programmers are known to do strange things.

James McKenzie