[Wine] I can't get any games to work.

RedDragoon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 17 20:56:41 CST 2011

I have ubuntu 10.04 and my graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1300 and haven't found a single game I can play with wine. I have tried many like WoW and a bunch of those free mmorpgs that are around like runes of magic and battle of the immortals. It lets me download and update but when it comes to actually starting the game a pop up shows up saying The program game.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in wine.

   Now in some games it just white screens and doesn't play but it's always when I try to actually play the game. I never have problems with the downloads or installs. I have heard it may be due to my graphics card but I also heard there are ways around it. I have tried to look things up but I am not a techie and it's all pretty confusing to me. Especially the stuff with using the terminal.