[Wine] Guitar Pro 6 won't launch

iceTwy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 18 07:06:06 CST 2011

I'm using openSuSE 11.3. Recently, I've downloaded the demo of Guitar Pro 6 in order to use it with Wine. The installation succeeded, but the .exe file (ran with Wine) won't launch. I found Guitar Pro 6 in the Wine application database but it has no maintainer. Someone suggested to install vcrun2005 - I did it with wine-tricks, but it didn't change anything and at the end of the howto install wine-tricks, they said openSuSE already have it installed from the start.

So I'm desperately trying to get GP6 running, unsuccessfully. It's a work tool for me, so I need it pretty quickly...

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS: TuxGuitar v1.2 crashes on my computer.