[Wine] Getting League of Legends to work on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit

DCarrollUSMC wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 18 22:04:24 CST 2011

I have next to zero experience with Unix/Ubuntu/Linux systems.  Recently I installed Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit on my machine and I'm trying to make it so that I can run League of Legends on it.  I am a complete blank slate when it comes to terminal commands as I know none.  I have tried to follow the following two explanations of how to set it up but my limited knowledge of ubuntu and wine are hampering me.  I can't even figure out which version of Wine I need and which I have let alone get the patch to download/install.  If there's any way, can anyone explain these steps in detail for someone that has never used a Linux machine before?