[Wine] wine doesn't launch DDO

nashod wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 19 08:44:33 CST 2011

Hey everyone I have returned to Ubuntu after running windows for about 3 months and I'm having a problem running Dungeons&Dragons Online in wine...

some info:
wine version:1.2.2
wine tricks libraries:d3dx9,vcrun2003,vcrun2005,vcrun2008 with vcrun2010 failing to install...

also I'm using pylotro and have updated the game to the latest version(before the update it ran but I couldn't connect to the server because my version was too old)

here is the log file for running the game:

> err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /home/nashed/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-/bzw.xml
>
> err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_association_entry error writing association file "/home/nashed/.local/share/applications/wine-extension-/bzw.desktop"
>
> wine: Call from 0x7b835c12 to unimplemented function msvcr80.dll._set_purecall_handler, aborting
>
> *** Aborted **

I tried reinstalling vcrun2008 and vcrun2005 but it didn't help