[Wine] GTA San Andreas: Crash with Wine 1.3.11

TheLinuxist wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 19 12:10:55 CST 2011

Hello,

first of all: I used Google and the internal search of the forum. And no, I did not find a solution except using Wine 1.2.2 instead.
When starting GTA: San Andreas (no mods) it shows the intro (The NVidia Logo, The EAX Logo, The Rockstar Logo, The Rockstar North Logo, The Intro movie) and then crashes and "encounters a serious Problem". None of the solutions on the net helped yet.
Thank you in advance for your help. I really want to use Wine 1.3.11, because a lot of other games are working better with it, but I don't want to give up GTA:SA.