[Wine] Error re: keyboard layout

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Jan 19 16:42:38 CST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 16:28 -0600, drokinit wrote:
> I am trying to run AviSynth2.6 using WINE and keep getting the following message.
> >
> > daniel-thompsons-macbook-pro:ffvfw Dan$ wine makeAVIS.exe
> > fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_ActivateKeyboardLayout 0x4090409, 0000: semi-stub!
> > fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_ActivateKeyboardLayout 0x4090409, 0000: semi-stub!
> > fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_ActivateKeyboardLayout 0x4090409, 0000: semi-stub!
> > fixme:avifile:AVIFileExit (): stub!
> >

> Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Fixmes are not errors: they are simply reporting that the program is
using an incompletely implemented Windows system call. If the program
works you should ignore them. OTOH if something related to a fixme (in
this case the program doesn't respond to key presses as expected, the
system call needs to be more fully implemented, so you should raise a
Wine bug report and link it to an appDB entry for the program. If
there's no appDB entry you should create one. See the WineHQ website for
details of how to raise a bug or make an appDB entry.

Martin