[Wine] Problem BMC Remedy User Version 7.0.01 on ubuntu 8.10

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 19 21:28:26 CST 2011

On 1/19/11 4:55 PM, BitSar wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Just wondering if I can breathe some life back into this thread?
>
> I am attempting to run BMC remedy with WINE on Ubuntu as described in the subject.
>
> After using winetricks I got a little further....
> After adding msxml3&&  msxml4 to the libraries (native, builtin) for WINE I got much further........
>
> I can now run BMC remedy client on Ubuntu from WINE and connect to the server. I can see the initial "HOME" console......this is where I have problems.
>
> For example, if I attempt to click "Change Management Console"
> 1) My cursor disappears
> 2) The CMC will invoke a new window (as it does under windows UI) but the window is blank......

One, why are you trying to get the User Tool working under Wine?  It is
now OFFICIALLY deprecated.

Two, why can't your users use the Mid-Tier interface?  It supports IE,
Safari AND FireFox.

Three, if you REALLY need this tool, run it from the terminal and then
post what happens when you click on the Change Management Console link.
Collect a log file and post it to a site like pastebin.com (Ubuntu has
their own pastebin.)  I use a Mac, so anything I do will not assist you,
or may lead you down the wrong path. I am willing to look at the logging
file to see if there is anything obvious that needs to be fixed in
Wine's code.  Please post ONLY the URL where the log file can be
examined as a reply to this thread.

Four, after doing that, try to install IE7 using Winetricks, if you have
not already done so.  Try running the User Tool again. Yes, the User
Tool uses IE to work some magic.  IE 6 creates issues and IE8 is a 'work
in progress' as the project attempts to implement functionality from
that release into the Wine Code base (it will install, however it will
not run in Wine.)

James McKenzie
Remedy Skilled Professional, ARS 7.1