[Wine] Re: Unable to Install Starcraft 2

snejjj wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 20 02:50:59 CST 2011

try the following (open a terminal and type in the following lines. after each line, press enter and wait until everything is done):

sudo mount -o remount,uid=1000,gid=1000,unhide,umask=0000 /dev/sr0
sudo apt-get install winetricks
winetricks fontfix fontsmooth-rgb allfonts gecko gdiplus d3dx9 win7

if you have winetricks already installed, you can ignore the second command.
then try and start the installer.

if this doesn't work, copy the entire DVD to your harddisk and then start the installer from your harddisk.

(found in the appDB entry for SC II)

I haven't tried it but I hope it will work.