[Wine] Re: How do I tell wine which sound card to use?

TaperHarley wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 22 14:15:10 CST 2011

I had a fresh install of openSuse 11.3, 64bit version and auto config set the Ati sound card to be the first. I realised what the problem was so I changed the order in ALSA and after that I had sound in linux but wine still tried to render sound through the Ati device, even though in wine's own mixer my audigy was set.

Now I'm running the 32 bit version of Suse. I made sure autoconfig during Suse setup wont fuck things up and I have sound in Wine too.
I reinstalled Suse because the proprietary ATi driver acted weird but it did the same thing with the 32 bit version too :(