[Wine] Problems with Wine and twin view

Vikerness wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 24 08:35:04 CST 2011

Hello all,
I'm using wine 1.3.11 on gentoo and i'm having some problems

As far as i understand, in order to stop games spanning on both of my monitors i have to add a metamode in xorg.conf.
So i've edited my xorf.conf to:

Code:
Option         "metamodes" "CRT: 1280x1024_75 +1920+0, DFP: 1920x1080_60 +0+0; DFP: 1920x1080_60 +0+0, CRT: NULL"

This is fine for native linux games but wine has problems
When i run a game in wine that's setup for fullscreen and 1920x1080 resolution, it switches like it should to the second metamode (DFP: 1920x1080_60 +0+0, CRT: NULL). But when i exit wine, it doesnt switches back to the first metamode so CRT remains ...NULL.
When i run wine on a virtual desktop 1920x1080, it doesnt switches to the second metamode anymore. Thats fine BUT "Allow DirectX apps to stop the mouse leaving their window" doesnt work.
So basically i can either play games properly - with my second monitor remaining NULL even after i quit playing
or
Play games on the virtual desktop with my mouse leaving that virtual desktop.
Any help would be appreciated.