[Wine] Re: Some troubles with app under Wine: Sybase PD12 and MS VC 6.0

smooky wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 24 17:00:24 CST 2011

I'm just want to install MS VC6.0 and Sybase Power Designer applications under Wine. Thanks for replies.

Here environment:

Platform:

Code:
# uname -a
FreeBSD karfagen.mshome 8.0-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p4 #1: Tue Jul 27 21:49:43 NOVST 2010     smooky at karfagen.mshome:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KARFAGEN  i386

Wine:

Code:
# ls /var/db/pkg | grep wine
wine-1.3.11,1

X Window:

Code:
# ls /var/db/pkg | grep xorg
xorg-7.5

WM:

Code:
# /usr/local/kde4/bin/kded4 --version
Qt: 4.6.3
KDE: 4.4.4 (KDE 4.4.4)

Video:

Code:
# cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep nVidia
    VendorName     "nVidia Corporation"
# cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep BoardName
    BoardName      "G70 [GeForce 7600 GS]"

Gecko:

Code:
# ls /usr/local/share/wine/gecko/
wine_gecko-1.1.0-x86.cab

Also, KDE 3D-effects turned on.
So when I launched the Sybase Power Designer 12, docked rebars controls of main window app are floating and I can move them but its invisible while moving, and when I drop them to docks then I cant move its again.

When I installed MS VC6.0 I'm just used regular installer from the CD.

Thanks,
Smooky