[Wine] SSE2 - Wine issue or not?

Saulevas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 25 02:17:53 CST 2011

Hello dear friends [Wink]

I have this issue that keeps bothering me. So, I have this software that I' ve been successfully using on Windows XP before migrating to Linux Mint. It's Presonus Studio One, although that don't really matter right now. What matters is when I try to install it using Wine is says "Your computer can not run this software. The required feature set SSE2 is not supported.". Funny... Ok, so WineApp Database has no info on Presonus Studio One, but I don't mind that, because it's not the app that anyone would use. And ,well, the installer launches just fine untill it comes to that message. Does SSE2 have something to do with Wine or just my laptop which according to 'cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep flags' supports SSE2 (and, yes, this was the same machine I would run Windows on with Presonus Studio One working like charm). So what's the problem? Why is this SSE2 (whatever that is) supported in XP and not in Linux Mint? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.